The monument of Frederick C. Ayer is the tallest monument in the Cemetery. Frederick was the brother of James C. Ayer and was in business with him. Frederick Ayer controlled the Tremont and Suffolk Mills and the American Woolen Company which owned 60 mills in New England. His daughter married George Patton in 1910 and lived in the Ayer Mansion, which was former Franco-American School. Frederick Ayer died in 1918.